Well, here we are again, Alive and Pickin’.
Hope this finds everyone enjoying this nice weather we’re finally are getting’.
‘Bout time, huh!?!?
Our new CD is selling like wild fire. If you are interested in purchasing a CD, better get it while the gettins’ good.
They are $15.00 plus postage.
You can do this by e-mail or U.S. mail at:
P O Box 232
Shawsville VA 24162-0232
Our schedule in June was pretty full. We had a private party at Shooting Creek Hunting Club in Floyd, VA on the 7th. On the 14th we had a show at the Boonesboro Country Club in Lynchburg, VA. June 20th we had a show at Christopher’s Pizza in Meadows of Dan, VA. On the 21st we had a show at Floyd County High School with Kenny & Amanda Smith and a private party on Mountain Lake in Giles Co. VA on the 22nd. Also in the month of June some of us attended The 1st Annual Fiddler’s Convention in Glen Lyn, VA. Patrick won 3rd place in the guitar competition and Jason won 3rd place in the mandolin competition. Jason also won 2nd place in the mandolin competition at the Fiddler’s Convention in Mt. Airy, N.C. Congratulations to them for these accomplishments!
For the month of July the schedule looks like this, so far:
• July4th we had a private party in Floyd, VA.
• July 11th we have a CD party at Ray’s Restaurant in Floyd, VA. Ya’ll try to make this party! It ought to be a good one!! We will be formerly announcing the making of the new CD.
• July 12th we have a private party on Claytor Lake in Pulaski Co., VA.
• July 19th we have a show at Christopher’s Pizza in Meadows of Dan, VA. We ALWAYS have a good time at Christopher’s!!
• July 25th we have a 1p to 2p show at The Fiddle Fest in Roanoke, VA. This event will be going on all week at Hollins College starting on the 21st. This is going to be a great week for bluegrass in this part of the country so come on down and join us there.
Canyon River has 3 shows at The Fiddle Fest that week. On July 21st they have a 2p to 3p show and a 4p to 5p show. On July 23rd they have a 4p to 5p show. Come on out to The Fiddle Fest and join in all the GREAT music that will be heard there!! This is the 1st year for this event but hopefully not the last!!
For more information on any of the shows you can contact us at the addresses
provided on the previous page or call:
(540) 392-6957. (Lynn)
My computer is on the blink so this is coming out somewhat late but I hope
all will be back to normal by next month!
(Whatever normal means!!)
That’s all folks!! See ya soon!!
Alive and Pickin’